ultra marathonRoady's race Strategy
Saturday 4th December 2021
Race Suggestions & Tips
- Focus on manageable sections (8 x 8km) landmarks
- Conserve energy on early uphill kilometres: 1, 2, 5, 8 ,10. Walk if needed, you will benefit more at the end. For example: run 7min pace or walk 9 min pace which equates to 10 minute difference and will provide benefit energy of 15 minutes in the last 10km when you really need it.
- If you take it easy uphill be sure to power it down hill. Use gravity and get some of that lactic acid out of your leg muscles.
- Eat dry food (Eg: plain biscuit, cheese sandwich) at 21km and 42km.
- Take Electrolyte tabs every 8km (1/2 Shotz + 150/250ml water)
- Soak up the atmosphere
- Encourage others as you pass them or they pass you
- Run your own race.
My Bruny Island Race Strategy Spreadsheet
This strategy totally worked for me. My goal time was 7:46:33 and I finished 7:45:32
The Bruny Spreadsheet needs 8 inputs
- Start Time
- User defined values for Downhill, Flat and Incline gradients
- Pace for Downhill Effort, Pace for Incline
- Fatigue factor after first 21k, fatigue factor after 42k